Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm Ready?

This is the night. All summer we dread it. We try to make those hot days stretch out as long as possible without dragging. How is that for a conundrum? But Labor Day comes and goes with good food, time with friends and family and one last day to soak up the sun before we go back to school.

I celebrated this day by doing things a great mom, readying her children for school, would do. I made them do chores, had them fix dinner and clean up, they showered and laid out their clothes. They fought with each other. They fought with me. They fought with themselves. This is a great way to end my summer because it allows me to look forward to school starting. Thank you kids. I do love you.

I did, however, take them to the playground and had a special back to school dinner for them complete with treats. It made me feel like a great mom. I had to relish it, it's so rare I feel like a great mom.

I do feel like a great teacher though. It's not hard when the students have yet to arrive. The wall of my room looks fantastic, I have the first three weeks of the 8th grade English class planned and a teacher that was leaving to stay home with her baby gave me a lot of neat crap! Teachery kind of crap. I can't wait to use it. Wish me luck!

No comments: