Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's Summer

Not only did I forget I started this blog, but it's summer so not much teacher stuff is going down. I blame it on feeling brain scrambled from teaching said middle schoolers.

New topic: Should I stay or should I go now?
We moved to Virginia from Texas two summers ago. My husband's family lived in Virignia and he was very homesick. He also said Texas was way too hot but guess what? Yeah, it's hot as heck here too. Anyway... a month or so after we moved here is when the economy plummeted. So, not only has my husband had a hard time finding a decent job, but my school district decided we get no pay raises and no steps. Where I used to work in Texas is getting both pay raises and steps. Great. Not only that, but housing is cheaper there as is gas and my husband's parents moved to Kentucky. So... why are we here? I have no idea, but I'm working on it!

No comments: